This series started in 1995, celebrating the 30th anniversary of CSEAS. It has become a well-recognized series for their high-quality title, several of which have won prizes.
Kyoto University Press
Yoshida-South Campus, Kyoto University, 69 Konoe-cho Yoshida, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8315, Japan
34. A Village Without Daughters: Bride Shortage, Marriage Migration and Women’s Belonging
among the Lahu of Southwest China
aaaaHorie, Mio. March, 2018.
33. Production of History: Narrating and Silencing Southeast Asia’s Past
aaaaKoizumi, Junko. February, 2018.
32. Weaving the Market: Traders and Contract Rural Hand-weaving Sector in Laos
aaaaOhno, Akihiko. March, 2017.
31. “Memay” Widows Living in Rural Cambodia: the Social System Preventing from Poverty
aaaaSato, Nao. February, 2017.
30. Politics of Violence and Adaptation: Democratization and Local Politics of Stabilization in Indonesia
aaaaOkamoto, Masaaki. June, 2015.
29. Resources, Politics and Violence: Local Politics in Contemporary Indonesia
aaaaMorishita, Akiko. March, 2015.
28. Center-Local Relationship in Lao PDR:
Local Administration of Provincial Governor under the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party
aaaaSeto, Hiroyuki. March, 2015.
27. The Making of Large Landholding in the Mekong Delta during the French Colonial Period
aaaaTakada, Yoko. March, 2014.
26. Homesteads and Indigenous Knowledge: Rural Life and Women in Bangladesh
aaaaYoshino, Keiko. February, 2013.
25. Grass-root Globalization:
aaaaCultural Practice and Life Strategy at a World Heritage Village in Northern Luzon
aaaaShimizu, Hiromu. January, 2013.
24. Fishing and Subsistence Strategies in the Celebes Sea: Ethno-Archaeological Approach to Area Studies
aaaaOno, Rintaro. March, 2011.
23. Reconfiguring Cambodian Rural Villages
aaaKobayashi, Satoru. February, 2011.
22. Living with the Risk: Responses of the Lower-classes in Bangkok
aaaEndo, Tamaki February, 2011.
21. The Global Economy and a Local Society: Sweets and Bitters of People in West Java, 1700-1830
aaaOhashi, Atsuko July, 2010.
20. The Power Structure of Burma: Civil-Military Relations in Ne Win Regime, 1962-1988
aaaNakanishi, Yoshihiro. June, 2009.
19. Practical Religions in Mainland Southeast Asia: Topology of Religion from the Region and “In-Betweenness”
aaaHayashi, Yukio,ed. February, 2009.
18. Transnational Formation of Southeast Asian Multiethnic Society
aaaTsubouchi, Yoshihiro. February, 2009.
17. Social History of Frontiers: When the State Declares Possession
aaaIshikawa, Noboru. March, 2008.
16. Rural Development and Changing Class Structure in Bangladesh
aaaFujita, Koichi. January, 2005.
15. Living on the Periphery: Development and Islamization among the Orang Asli of Malaysia
aaaNobuta, Toshihiro. December, 2004.
14. Democratization in Thailand: Grappling with Realities
aaaTamada, Yoshifumi. July, 2003．
13. Family Circle and Area Studies
aaaTachimoto, Narifumi. August, 2000．
12．Practical Buddhism among the Thai-Lao in Northeast Thailand: Religion in the Making of a region
aaaaHayashi, Yukio. April, 2000．
11．Sipsongpanna: A Premodern Tai State of Intermontane Basins in Yunnan
aaaaKato, Kumiko. February, 2000．
10．Indigenous Theories of Area Development
aaaaHara, Yonosuke, ed. February, 2000．
9．Theories on the Formation of Area
aaaTsubouchi, Yoshihiro, ed. February, 2000．
8．Trials for Inter-Area Comparative Studies, Part2.
aaaTakaya, Yoshikazu, ed. August, 1999．
7．Community-Based Industry in Indonesia: What Is a Path to the Recovery of Asian Economies?
aaaMizuno, Kosuke. May, 1999．
6．In Search of Global Area Studies
aaaTsubouchi, Yoshihiro, ed. February, 1999．
5．Trials for Inter-Area Comparative Studies, Part 1.
aaaTakaya, Yoshikazu, ed. January, 1999．
4．Historical Demography of Sparsely Populated Southeast Asia
aaaTsubouchi, Yoshihiro. September, 1998．
3．Area Studies Methodologies
aaaTachimoto, Narifumi. December, 1996．
2. Eurasia in Terms of the “Unit World” Concept
aaTakaya, Yoshikazu. September, 1996．
1．Twenty Years of Change and Continuity in a Malay Village
aaaTsubouchi, Yoshihiro. January, 1996．